Automotive Car Window Tinting
The benefits of window tinting is enormous
Why You Should Tint
Visible Light Transmission
Solar Gard Films used by Sunshine Coast Windscreens reduce the percentage of visible light (daylight) that passes through glass improving comfort and working conditions. The film also increases the level of privacy and reduces excessive light transmission.
Ultraviolet (UV) Absorption
Sunshine Coast Windscreens use special absorbers that filter out up to 99% of the deadly ultraviolet (UV) rays that are linked to melanoma and cause cataracts and the fading of vehicles and buildings.
Total Heat Rejection
Solar Gard Films reduce high levels of both visible light and invisible infrared heat and improve the window film’s ability to reject solar heat. This in turn improves energy cooling efficiencies and reduces energy consumption.
Scratch Resistant Coating
Solar Gard Films are coated with a scratch resistant coating which protects the film from normal wear and tear by the natural environment. All Solar Gard Films comply to Australian Standards.
Film Details and Useful Information
UltraGuard UV Film
While driving, skin is exposed to UV-A and UV-B rays which are the main cause of skin cancer, melanoma and aging. Installing Ultragard UV window film by Solar Gard on side windows, blocks 99% of damaging UV-A and UV-B rays, while allowing maximum visibility day or night. Additionally, Ultragard may help hold shattered glass in place in case of breakage. The superior clarity of this new film allows for unlimited visibility. This product is backed by Solar Gard’s leading warranty insuring the quality and long life of this film.
Ultragard UV window film is the ideal solution for:
- Truck side windows to protect drivers against premature aging and skin cancer
- Car windows for protecting you from damaging UV rays without altering the vehicles appearance
- Protecting the electronics, upholstery, and the interior of the vehicle from fading and discoloration
Features and Benefits:
- Blocks more than 99% of damaging UVA and UVB rays
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Industry-leading clarity for unaltered visibility
- Outstanding scratch-resistant coating for long product life
- Signal-friendly with satellite radio, GPS and mobile phones
- Warranted against excessive unusual change of color
- Helps hold shattered glass in place in the event of breakage
Film Dry-out Time:
The mounting solution used during the installation of your Solar Gard window film may require a dry-out time. Cold or non-sunny weather conditions can lengthen the dry-out time, while warm weather and direct sun light exposure will shorten the dryout time. Small water beads and a slightly cloudy look may appear during the dryout time. If slow drying does occur, do not become alarmed. The film will dry-out.
Do not clean the film for 30 days after installation.
Window Film Care and Maintenance:
To maximise the life of the window film, please follow these instructions for proper care and maintenance.
- Always use fresh clean soft materials to wash and dry your window film surfaces.
- Most glass cleaners will work well, although a good cleaning solution for window film is 1/2 ounce of liquid dish soap added to 1 quart of fresh water.
- A soft cloth or a clean synthetic sponge is recommended for washing the window film followed by another clean soft cloth or soft rubber squeegee for drying.
- To avoid scratching the film, do not use bristle brushes, abrasive scrubbing sponges, or any cleaning materials that may have been contaminated with dirt particles, as is commonly the case when washing interior and exterior windows with the same cleaning materials.
- Some brands of paper towels are coarse enough to put fine scratches in the film, even films with scratch resistant, protective hard coat finish. While these scratches may be too thin to be seen at the beginning, they can damage the polished look of the film over time.
Solar Gard has one of the broadest lines of automotive films on the market. There’s the perfect film for every vehicle. Dark, light, reflective, or matte, with the wide variety of visible light transmission (VLTs) levels and finishes, makes choosing an automotive window film easy. Solar Gard has just the right product that meets your performance needs and local tinting laws.
Your Solar Gard dealer is an industry professional with the experience and knowledge you can trust. Dealers choose to work with Solar Gard because they trust its outstanding solar performance, strong warranty coverage, and superior customer satisfaction. Your local Solar Gard dealer will be happy to assist you.
Always adhere to Australia tinting laws. For more information please visit: WFAANZ for local tinting laws.